On Tuesday Pinnacle Entertainment Group unleashed a double barrel of Dark Horse Comics based Savage Worlds roleplaying goodness on Kickstarter. I’ve already discussed the early success of The Goon RPG Kickstarter and now this morning the Fear Agent: The Roleplaying Game Kickstarter surpassed 300% of its $5k funding goal. I find it pretty cool The Goon and Fear Agent comics both draw inspiration from classic EC comics (The Goon mainly with Eric Powell’s amazing art style and Fear Agent with Rick Remender, Tony Moore, and Jerome Opeña’s special blend of pulp and SF high adventure) and these two great series were chosen by Pinnace for simultaneous crowdfunding projects.
Obviously, as someone who digs both comics, I’m tickled to see these RPGs rocking out their funding goals.
I should point out Fear Agent is nearly ready for press and the Kickstarter is really aimed at providing plenty of goodies for the finished product including miniatures, custom dice, Bennies, and more! Through April 17th you can reserve a copy of the digital edition of Fear Agent at the $25 pledge level – scheduled for a May delivery – with higher pledge levels set for physical goodies expected in November 2017. Don’t forget, you’ll need a copy of the core rules to use the 192 page sourcebook.
Bring the pulp scifi of Remender, Moore, and Opeña’s Fear Agent to your Savage Worlds game!
The Fear Agent roleplaying game is already written, approved, and in final edits. Your support for this Kickstarter helps us make all the extra goodies like the kick-ass Miniatures, Bennies, Game Master’s screen, new adventures, and more!
Based on the amazing comic series by Rick Remender, Tony Moore, and Jerome Opeña, the Fear Agent Roleplaying Game is a pulp scifi setting for Savage Worlds with more twists than an episode of the Twilight Zone!
After Earth is devastated by an interstellar war between two alien races, the few surviving members of humanity are dragged kicking and screaming into a complex galaxy of terror and adventure they didn’t even know existed.
Fortunately—or maybe unfortunately, we told you there are some twists—Texan Heath Huston bands together with others of his ilk to form the Fear Agents, a ragtag collection of survivors intent on revenge.
Inside the whopping 192 pages of the Fear Agent RPG, you’ll find:
- Heath, Mara, Charlotte, and all the other main characters from the comics statted out for Savage Worlds
- New Edges and Hindrances to flesh out your post-apocalyptic booze hounds, space jockeys, and alien exterminators.
- Rules for spaceships, warp travel, alien worlds, time travel, alternate dimensions, and more
- A gazetteer of the planets Heath Huston visited during his adventures
- More alien races and creatures than you can shake a feeder’s tentacles at
- A Plot Point Campaign that builds on the events of the comics, taking the heroes to the ends of the Commonwealth and beyond
- Enough Savage Tales to fill a smuggler’s hold
- A series of flashback scenarios to let your players fight in the Anubis Conflict itself
- An adventure generator to create a terror-filled universe of encounters
Printed in our graphic novel format and available in Limited Edition hardcover, this game will take you to the terrifying edges of space and time!
The Game Master Screen for Fear Agent RPG comes with a complete adventure, Feeding Time! You don’t really want to know what’s getting fed, do you?
Please note a copy of the Savage Worlds core rules is necessary to play and is not included in any reward level.
The extra-large 192 page Fear Agent RPG is $29.99 for softcover and $39.99 for Limited Edition hardcover. (The price on the softcover should be $34.99, but we thought we’d keep the math simpler this way). The PDF release price will be $19.99 after the Kickstarer. The jumbo sized Fear Agent RPG book has enough material to keep you Fear Agents in business for a while!