These days board gamers are fortunate to have a nice selection of avenues in order to play online and one of the newer and more impressive options is Tabletopia. Launched earlier this year, Tabletopia currently sports over 270 games from a huge line up of companies including Greenbrier Games, Stonemaier Games, and Stronghold Games. With subscriptions starting at a touch over four bucks and change per month, not only can you get your fill of online goodness but also try before you buy a physical copy of a title; thus saving you on dishing out the ducats for a game that might not be akin to your tastes.
Plus, if you’re a designer, you can use the platform to help bring your latest game to the masses.
Imagine a multi-platform digital environment with instant access to hundreds of licensed board games… Welcome to Tabletopia!
- Cutting-edge digital arena for playing tabletop games with amazing visuals. Easily accessible from PC, Mac OS X, coming soon to iOS and Android devices.
- Unique editor for building new games from scratch and bringing analog games to the screen. No programming skills required!
- Specialized tools for playtesting, demonstrating, promoting, and monetizing your games.
Tabletopia is a digital sandbox system for playing board games with no AI to enforce the rules. Just read the rulebook, choose a seat at the virtual table, and let the game begin!
The following features will make your experience with Tabletopia even slicker:
- automated game setups
- custom camera controls
- shuffling and dealing of cards
- tracking player turns and game phases
- interactive zones with predefined automatic actions
- custom table surfaces, advanced sound effects, and much more!