With Mass Effect Andromeda arriving in March, BioWare and EA are prepared to whet the appetites of gamers everywhere with a free copy of Mass Effect 2. Although it’s a strange move to give away the second title in the series, as opposed to the first, I’m not complaining when one of the best SF RPG/Shooters is being offered as a freebie! Of course you’ll have to install Origin on your PC and piece together what happened in the first game (if you don’t want to visit Wikipedia or haven’t already played Mass Effect that is) but don’t let that stop you from getting your hands on one of the best “on the house” deals we’ve seen in a while on Origin.
Download the game ASAP since we never know when these free offers will end.
Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.
To even attempt this perilous mission, Shepard must assemble the galaxy’s most elite team and command the most powerful ship ever built. Even then, they say it would be suicide. Commander Shepard intends to prove them wrong.
- Prepare for a suicide mission to save humanity
- Choose between 19 different weapons
- Devastating heavy weapons (that) can end a battle in seconds
- Recruit a team of the galaxy’s most dangerous operatives
- Explore the galaxy — scan planets to uncover unique secret missions
- Train and equip your team to survive insurmountable odds
- Control your conversation with physical moments of intense action