Next week will see the arrival of the latest Dungeons & Dragons board game, Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate. Players will return to explore the underbelly of the fabled city only to find someone in their midst has suddenly turned against them. Released through the Wizards of the Coast Avalon Hill imprint, the game is based on the popular Betrayal at House on the Hill. Three to six players will cooperate up to a certain point in the adventure until a traitor (or traitors) is revealed as the remaining loyal players find themselves struggling to survive. Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate is for ages 12+, carries an MSRP of $50.00, and will hit your FLGS on October 6th.
From Wizards of the Coast:
Never Split the Party… Unless Someone is the Traitor!
The shadow of Bhaal has come over Baldur’s Gate, summoning monsters and other horrors from the darkness!
As you build and explore the iconic city’s dark alleys and deadly catacombs, you must work with your fellow adventurers to survive the terrors ahead. That is, until some horrific evil turns one—or possibly more—of you against each other. Was it a mind flayer’s psionic blast or the whisperings of a deranged ghost that caused your allies to turn traitor? You’ll have no choice but to keep your enemies close!
Based on the award-winning Betrayal at House on the Hill board game, Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate you’ll return to Baldur’s Gate again and again only to discover it’s never the same game twice.
Can you and your party survive the madness or will you succumb to the mayhem and split (or slaughter!) the party?
- 1 rulebook
- 2 haunt books (Traitor’s Tome and Secrets of Survival)
- 42 tiles, including:
- 13 building tiles
- 14 street tiles
- 15 catacomb tiles
- 1 Elfsong Tavern/Inner Chamber/Kitchen start tile
- 1 Catacomb Landing/Kitchen Basement start tile
- 6 prepainted plastic adventurer figures
- 6 two-sided character cards
- 30 plastic clips
- 8 dice
- 1 Turn/Damage track
- 86 cards, including:
- 45 event cards
- 22 item cards
- 13 omen cards
- 6 player aid cards
- 215 tokens, including:
- 62 small teardrop monster tokens
- 54 square adventurer power, event, haunt, item, and obstacle tokens
- 36 circular adventurer tokens
- 18 small teardrop NPC tokens
- 18 triangluar quest tokens
- 14 pentagonal item & item pile tokens
- 13 large circular monster tokens
- The Elfking: The Immortal Roleplaying Game is Now Available in Print or PDF - May 26, 2023
- Guns or Treasure Arrives in Port This Q3 - May 26, 2023
- New Supplement War Hare Ranch Arrives for The Magical Land of Yeld RPG - May 26, 2023