The official Old School Essentials zine Carcass Crawler has produced a second issue, which has arrived from Necrotic Gnome. This time around you’ll find two new classes and races, optional encumbrance rules, monsters, and more. The 32 page issue is available from Exalted Funeral for $10.00 (including the PDF) or grab the PDF alone at DriveThruRPG for $7.50.
About the zine:
Issue 2 of Carcass Crawler — the official Old-School Essentials zine! Each issue is packed with new material for your games, including new character classes and races, new spells and magic items, new monsters, optional and expanded rules, referee advice, news, previews of in-development products, short adventures, and more!
In This Issue
- New classes and races: Two new elf variants. The phase elf and the wood elf.
- Item-based encumbrance system: A simple system for tracking characters’ loads and movement rates, based on the number of items carried. (No more need to add up coins and weights.)
- Town services: Guidelines and prices for inns, jewellers, money changers, and traders, including a simple optional rule for haggling.
- Hiring retainers: Tables and extra guidelines for locating and hiring retainers.
- Quick equipment: A set of tables for expediting character creation by randomly selecting starting gear.
- Energy weapons: Complete rules for introducing high-tech energy blades and guns into your game, either as alien relics found in long lost treasure hoards or to accompany the sci-fi inspired classes in Carcass Crawler issue 1 (the hephaestan and kineticist).
- Snake cult monsters: 8 brand new monsters: creepy undead, guardian constructs, and devious serpents.
- The tomb of Aum-Pharath: A mini-adventure in the trap-filled ruins of a snake cult temple.
- Adjudicating traps: Advice and optional guidelines for making traps a fun and engaging part of the game.