Czech Games Edition will release Lost Ruins of Arnak later this year. In the game players will compete to explore a mysterious island in a mash up of deck building and worker placement. Lost Ruins of Arnak is for one to four players, ages 12+, plays in around 90 to 120 minutes, and will carry an MSRP of $59.95 when it arrives in Q4.
From Czech Games:
On an uninhabited island in uncharted seas, explorers have found traces of a great civilization. Now you will lead an expedition to explore the island, find lost artifacts, and face fearsome guardians, all in a quest to learn the island’s secrets.
Lost Ruins of Arnak combines deck building and worker placement in a game of exploration, resource management, and discovery:
- In addition to traditional deckbuilder effects, cards can also be used to place workers.
- New worker actions become available as players explore the island.
- Some actions require resources instead of workers — building a solid resource base will be essential.
- Limited to one action per turn, players must decide which action will benefit them the most.
- Decks are small, and randomness is heavily mitigated by the wealth of tactical decisions offered on the game board.
- With a variety of worker actions, artifacts, and equipment cards, the setup for each game will be unique, encouraging players to explore new strategies to meet the challenge.
Discover the Lost Ruins of Arnak!