Those of you looking for a different take on the urban horror genre of roleplaying games might want to check out a new release from Machine Age Productions. Powered by Fate and based on the Olivia Hill novels, #iHunt takes on the mildly lucrative world of monster slaying and the titular app player characters use to score gigs; this t’ain’t Buffy The Vampire slayer, gang. While a print edition is in the works, you can score a copy of the 328 page corebook in PDF at DriveThruRPG for $30.00.
From Machine Age:
Be a hero. You pick the hours.
#iHunt is a story telling game about killing monsters in the gig economy. In it, you play millennials scraping by paycheck to paycheck to make ends meet. A gig app called #iHunt offers them more money than they’ve ever made to hit the streets and kill vampires, werewolves, demons, and anything else that goes bump in the night.
- #iHunt uses a modified version of the Fate Core Rulebook. You do not need it to play.
- It’s a high-drama, story-heavy urban fantasy roleplaying game.
- It takes a critical look at the gig economy with irreverent humor.
- Make your own hunters and monsters using easy collaborative tools.
- It uses one normal six-sided die, and four Fate Dice.