Only a handful of hours remain for you to pledge support for the 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons inspired computer RPG, Solasta: Crown of the Magistar. From newcomers Tactical Adventures comes what promises to be a throwback to fun and challenges of top down tactical RPGs of old while also bringing many modern sensibilities into the mix. I’ll mention our friend Graeme Davis, of WFRP fame, is part of the team working on the world building and adventure creation for the game too. Solasta: Crown of the Magistar is already funded and you can receive a copy of the game at the $28.00 pledge level through October 4th. Expected delivery is January of 2021.
About the project:
Created and written by lifelong fans of Pen & Paper RPGs, Solasta: Crown of the Magister is a Turn-Based Tactical cRPG based on the SRD 5.1 Ruleset.
- An Epic Team Adventure – Create your very own party of adventurers in the classic tabletop RPG tradition with our Character Creation Tool. Breathe life into your heroes, and see their personalities reflected in their dialogue.
- Discover a Mysterious & Dynamic World – Delve into long forgotten dungeons to unearth ancient artifacts, but be very aware of light and darkness. Many dangers hide in the dark, but a light can attract monsters.
- Prepare to Think in Three Dimensions – The dungeons in Solasta are more than flat game-boards. Climb, jump, or fly around obstacles. Evade or surprise foes from above or below. Watch out, though – the monsters are also thinking vertically.
- True to Tabletop – Solasta: Crown of the Magister brings back the thrill, tactics, and deep storytelling of tabletop games, with the rules of SRD 5.1 on PC! As you play, you’ll feel yourself reaching for your dice and miniatures. Roll for initiative!
- A Team of Passionate Veterans – Led by Mathieu Girard, co-founder of Amplitude Studios (Endless Space…), Tactical Adventures is a small studio of experienced developers with many projects under their belts.