On the heels of a successful Kickstarter, Free League Publishing will be releasing Into the Odd Remastered in the very near future. The popular rules light take on the OSR gets plenty of new content. The new edition will be available in hardcover and PDF later this summer.
About the book:
Bastion is the only city that matters. In its industrial age, it sits as the smoke-shrouded hub of mankind, surrounded by a world of lurking horrors and cosmic interference. The Underground spreads beneath our feet and the stars loom above.
You are an Explorer, braving places too far for maps and too old for records. Your expeditions touch the bizarre, wondrous, and horrific. You search for riches, but also Arcana, mysterious devices with unnatural powers.
The remastered version of the 2014 TTRPG revisits Industrial Bastionland, giving the original Into the Odd a lavish hardback, full-colour restoration with expanded content.
The book is written by Chris McDowall (Electric Bastionland) with graphic design by Johan Nohr (MÖRK BORG) and printed and distributed by Free League Publishing.
The book contains:
- Fast Character Creation – Roll an explorer in minutes, grabbing a starter package of flavourful equipment and starting your expedition.
- Minimalist Rules – An ultralite system that keeps the game moving forward. Combat is fast and decisive, with every turn counting.
- Strange Things – Monsters are horrific hazards, not opponents to be fought for sport. Arcana are weird artifacts that each carry a unique ability, from firing portals to attracting bones like a magnet.
- Return to the Iron Coral – The strange expedition location from the original game has tripled in size, now sprawling over three levels. The surrounding Fallen Marsh now hides four mini-dungeons in its 24 hexes. In the North, the desperate port of Hopesend welcomes adventurous travellers looking to go further.
- The Expanded Oddpendium – 26 pages of modules and random tables to help you flesh out the world. Roll to create weird creatures, find the best shortcut across town, and find out what happens when you “eat the stuff”.