Legendary roleplaying game icon Rick Loomis, of Flying Buffalo Games, sadly passed away this past Friday and Bundle of Holding has launched a fantastic offer to help the Loomis family with medical expenses. I honestly have to say the Catalyst Bundle is jam packed with fantastic system agnostic fantasy supplements perfect for any game table. Plus you can snag a really cool classic RPG in Mercenaries, Spies & Private Eyes too!
From Bundle of Holding:
Adventurer! In a good cause we’ve revived our July 2017 Catalyst Bundle, featuring the Catalyst line and other tabletop fantasy roleplaying game .PDF ebooks from Flying Buffalo. The late Rick Loomis, founder of Flying Buffalo, publisher of Tunnels & Trolls, and designer of the first-ever solitaire adventure (Buffalo Castle), passed away Friday, August 23, one day short of his 73rd birthday, after a struggle with lymphatic cancer. Facing overwhelming medical bills, Rick’s family has started a GoFundMe campaign, and we’re also helping with this great collection of Buffalo’s Catalyst supplements that work with any fantasy RPG. Notably, the CityBook series presents dozens of individual shops, establishments, and characters you can add to any urban fantasy adventure.
This revived collection brings you all seven CityBooks, four Grimtooth’s Traps collections of devious dungeon obstacles, and the RPG Mercenaries, Spies, & Private Eyes. For this resurrection we’ve added a recent Catalyst title, the City of the Gods Map Pack, and the solo adventure Mugshots No. 1 – The Case of the Pacific Clipper. (And if you bought this offer during its original July 2017 run, check your Wizard’s Cabinet — you get both of these new additions too!)
For just US$7.95 you get all six titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $30) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks, including the first three CityBooks (I: Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker, II: Port o’ Call, and III: Deadly Nightside), plus the first two Grimtooth’s books and Treasure Vault.
And if you pay more than the threshold price of $23.12, you’ll level up and also get our entire Bonus Collection with ten more titles worth an additional $49:
- CityBooks IV-VII: Four more sets of people and places you can easily drop into any city adventure — IV: On the Road, V: Sideshow, VI: Up Town, and VII: King’s River Bridge.
- Grimtooth’s Traps 3-4: Titled Fore and Ate (don’t ask us why), these two books give you hundreds more traps to waylay dungeon delvers.
- NEW IN THIS REVIVAL! City of the Gods Map Pack: The wondrous place built by all the pantheons of Earth after they left this world behind.
- Mercenaries Spies & Private Eyes: Michael Stackpole’s classic action/espionage RPG inspired by Tunnels & Trolls. Includes the Adventure of the Jade Jaguar solo adventure. (Both were also part of our September 2018 Tunnels & Trolls Bundle.)
- NEW! Mugshots No. 1 – The Case of the Pacific Clipper: A high-flying pulp-era solo adventure for MSPEwritten by Dungeons & Dragons co-designer Dave Arneson.