Lampblack and Brimstone has released a new edition of The Perilous Wilds for Dungeon World. The supplement brings many wilderness adventuring options with an old school feel. The 74 page softcover and PDF together are available for $15.00 at DriveThruRPG or scoop up just the PDF alone for $8.00.
About the book:
The Perilous Wilds combines Dungeon World’s approach to collaborative world-building with the old-school RPG reliance on random tables to generate content on the fly, woven together by modifications to the original Dungeon World travel moves. The main differences between the use of tables in The Perilous Wilds and their use in older RPGs is an emphasis on exploration and discovery over combat encounters, and the baked-in methodology of using randomized results as prompts rather than facts, to be interpreted during play.
This revised edition cleans up the layout, fixes minor text issues, and updates the dungeon generation procedure.
The book is 76 digest-size pages, divided into the following sections:
- Learn the Language: a glossary of terms
- Draw the Map: guidelines for collaborative cartography
- Lead the Way: alternative rules for followers, by Jeremy Strandberg
- See the World: new moves and guidelines for undertaking perilous journeys
- Weather the Storm: suggestions and moves for handling weather
- Ask the Fates: a host of tables for generating wilderness adventure
- Plumb the Depths: rules for creating dungeons during prep and on the fly
- Live to Tell the Tale: five new compendium classes
- Trust Your Gut: advice for improvising overland adventure
- Name Every Person: sample name lists for people, places, and mounts
- The collaborative map-making guidelines and all of the tables are system-neutral (usable with any RPG rules). Although the tables are structured to tie directly into the rewritten travel moves, they can be used in any game in which a fantastical landscape is explored.
- Shake That City | How to Play and Review - Nov 26, 2022
- Tabletop Gaming Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2022 Deals - Nov 25, 2022
- The Star-Shaman’s Song of Planegea for 5E Arrives in January from Atlas Games - Nov 24, 2022