GMT Games has a new standalone release in James M. Day’s Panzer series up for preorder on their P500 list. Panzer North Africa takes the highly detailed, small formation wargame action to the WWII realm of the Desert Fox. The game is for two to four players, ages 14+, plays in two to four hours, and can be preordered for $95.00, with an expected MSRP of $139.00.
About the game:
The Panzers Roll…into the desert
The mystical desert sands are mesmerizing even for the most battle-hardened veteran. Poised in your turret, you glance at the barren landscape, fondly recalling the lush, green fields of France. With only the whisper of the hot wind to keep you company, your mind drifts to that Bedouin proverb, “Only in complete silence, will you hear the desert.”
- The game system is designed for small unit actions from platoon to battalion-sized formations.
- Vehicles, towed guns, and aircraft are scaled at 1:1 with each 7/8” double-sided counter representing a single unit.
- The 5/8” double-sided leg unit counters are scaled at squads, half-squads, and sections, including their attached weapons.
- Ground scale is 100 meters per hex
- The game includes six double-sided geomorphic mapboards, 12 mapboards in total, plus map terrain overlays to further customize your engagement maps.
- The game features a streamlined chit-based command system that moves the action along at a brisk pace.
- The game includes solitaire scenarios.
- Panzer North Africa includes a Modular rules system with Basic, Advanced, and Optional rules section. Players may keep their battles as simple or as complex as desired.
- Vehicles include 11 unique hit locations, armor angles, and penetration charts for level, rising, and falling fire