A very cool looking RPG zine based on the artwork of Arthur Rackham is out in print and PDF from Crowbar Creative. The full color Rackham Vale includes plenty of adventure content, including NPCs, monsters, locations and more stated for Old School Essentials. The 154 page softcover and map carry an MSRP of $25.00 or grab the PDF at DriveThruRPG for $7.00.
About the zine:
When the world was one hundred years younger, during the Golden Age of British Book Illustration, Arthur Rackham and his paint box gave birth to some of the most transportive, iconic, and magical images of all time. His work brought to life characters and settings from famous fairy tales, ancient mythology, and timeless classics.
In Rackham Vale these images are given new life for use in your tabletop role-playing games. Rackham’s characters, creatures, and scenes become NPCs, villains, and a hidden-vale, sandbox setting that can be dropped into any RPG campaign that could do with a touch of magic, mystery, and old-time weirdness.
In addition to high adventure, weird creatures, dark sorcery, and oodles of riddling, tricksy, ribald fairy folk, you’ll find:
- 152 pages and 100+ Rackham illustrations.
- An original map by Joe N. Brown.
- An original factions graphic that charts relationships for easy reference.
- Dozens of adventure hooks.
- A fully illustrated bestiary of 24 new creatures based on Rackham’s artwork.
- Tables for generating new settlements and creatures that fit the setting.
- A preparation checklist for GMs.
- Content that prioritizes accessibility and utility.
- Stats for OSE, although the setting is compatible with and easily adapted to other systems.