A new lightweight old school inspired roleplaying game has arrived from Sojourn RPG Publishing. Jump right into playing Sojourn with a variety of character options and easily accessible rules. The 49 page PDF is available for $4.99 at DriveThruRPG.
About the game:
SOJOURN is a tabletop roleplaying game of exploration, dungeon-crawling, and discovery within dark halls, mystic ruins, and the wilderness of the fantastical. Choose your own path forward, then roll the dice to find out what happens.
SOJOURN is fast-playing and easy-to-learn. Skip the studying and jump right into the action! SOJOURN’s simple yet robust rules reward creative play and imaginative approaches to challenges while offering advanced character options for players who love to customize. SOJOURN brings to the table:
- Intuitive 5-minute character creation.
- High compatibility with your favorite adventures.
- Exciting, streamlined, and flexible adventuring rules.
- 4 core classes with 12 advanced archetypes.
- A full bestiary of ferocious new monsters and familiar favorites.
- 6 unique magic systems to choose from with over 150 level-less spells.
- MANOR CAMBIO: Rebel’s Rescue, a level 1-3 counter-colonial dungeon heist adventure.
- Minimal bookkeeping and number-crunching. Track less, play more.
- Optional rules for high fantasy heroes or low fantasy funnels.
- A rulebook layout designed for learning through play.
- A fresh take on the best mechanics of old-school AND new-school design.
HOW DO I PLAY SOJOURN?
The complete SOJOURN core book contains in its pages everything you need to start playing and to run your own games. Clear step-by-step instructions will take you from character creation to your first play session within the first 8 pages. Beyond that you will find advanced character customization options, world-building and game-running tools, a bestiary full of unique monsters to fill your worlds, and an entire beginner adventure.
The included adventure MANOR CAMBIO: Rebel’s Rescue throws new characters into a high-stakes dungeon heist designed to take them from levels 1-3. The adventure rewards careful planning and imaginative play over brute force combat solutions. Thrilling challenges await even veteran parties who press on to uncover the manor’s deepest secrets.