GMT Games is still accepting pre-orders for their PC edition of Twilight Struggle, the best Cold War boardgame I’ve ever played. There are over 500 pre-orders to date, with the game due to be released this fall.Until that happens, you can still get the pre-order price of $30.00.
- This is a computer game for Windows PC that faithfully recreates the Twilight Struggle boardgame. All of the cards, rules, and gameplay options are included. Winning strategies for the boardgame will work just as well here (well, except for those times when the AI is truly evil!)
- The game allows for both solo play against a computer AI as well as Internet Play versus a live opponent.
- You can Save and Resume games in progress.
- The User Interface is designed with an auto zoom feature that allows you to use the mousewheel to quickly pan and precisely zoom in to an area of interest or back out to see the big picture.
- The game’s operations system is visual and easy to use, allowing card play to be allocated and completed with only mouseclicks – to choose the card, how to use the card, and the location(s) you want to use the card.
- Adding and subtracting Influence is accomplished quickly and easily by clicking the top or bottom of the number area in each country.
- Current region scores can be inspected by hovering the mouse over region score areas.
- Countries eligible for influence placement, coup and realignment are highlighted when selecting the respective options, but before a decision is made
- Card Effects, blocked events, discards, removed cards, early/mid/late war cards can all be viewed at any time.
- A card tray provides an easy summary of held cards, including their Ops value, faction and event playability.
- Real-time chat window for PvP play.
- Map automatically zooms to affected countries during play.
- Game play options include use of Optional cards, Tournament Play, and Chinese Civil War.