SlugFest Games is taking the Red Dragon Inn series to the high seas with The Red Dragon Inn 4. Not only did the project just launch a couple days back but it’s already well over 100% funded with a month and a half to go.
The Red Dragon Inn: 4 is a new stand-alone base set release for the Red Dragon Inn franchise of board, card, and roleplaying games. The Kickstarted Campaign has received a strong response and has achieved its funding goal of $10,000 as of 10AM PST May 2. Additional funding goals include enhancements to The Red Dragon Inn: 4 with new game mechanics as well as the release of additional products and expansions to the franchise.
SFG will be providing prototype demonstrations at the Origins Game Fair games convention in Columbus, Ohio June 12-16, where previews and promotional material will be made available in the SFG booth. The game will be debut at the Gen Con games convention in Indianapolis, IN August 15-18, where demonstrations, events, and the product will be available for purchase the SFG booth. The Red Dragon Inn: 4 will be available through regular distribution in Fall of 2013.
The Red Dragon Inn: 4 is a fast-paced, light-hearted card game for 2 to 4 players. You and your adventuring companions have spent all day slogging through the dungeon, killing monsters and taking their stuff. Now you’re back in town, healed up, cleaned up, and ready to party at the Red Dragon Inn.
The Red Dragon Inn: 4 will include:
* 4 unique Character Decks featuring:
- Captain Whitehawk: Captain Whitehawk is the stalwart master of the Crimson Drake. She’s a natural leader with years of experience and a wit as sharp as her saber. She’ll take the crew to hell and back for adventure and loot, and make damn sure they have a roaring good time while they’re at it.
- First Mate Remy: An elf from faraway lands, Remy is an honor-bound swashbuckler who keeps the crew in line; he’ll be the first to step in and break up a fight. The seasoned sailors know to back down before they get on his bad side.
- Bryn the Boatswain: Bryn is tough as nails and knows how to keep a ship afloat. When she’s not making repairs or loading provisions, she enjoys sparring with the crew… all of them… at the same time…
- Tara the Navigator: Tara was born blind, but with the gift of second sight. With her knack for seeing the future, she is an invaluable, if unlikely, navigator for the Crimson Drake. After predicting countless storms and monster attacks she has earned the trust of Captain Whitehawk and her crew.
* A Drink Deck featuring dew cards like Grog and Rum
* 4 player mats, 4 fortitude markers, 4 alcohol markers, and 50 gold coin tokens