A new set of quickstart rules caught my eye from Saturday Morning Scenarios. Whispers in the Dark promises to bring investigative horror to your 5E gaming and might be a great fit for those looking to dive into gaslamp, Cthulhu mythos, or noir-ish tales of terror at their game table. The 78 page quickstart rules are avialable at DriveThruRPg for $4.99.
From Saturday Morning Scenarios:
Created by Matt Corley (Tales of the Old Margreve, Ghoul Island, Lamp’s Light Sanitarium) and M.T. Black (Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus, Mordenkainen’s Tome of Marvelous Magic, Waterdeep: City of Encounters) Whispers in the Dark updates the 5e rules you know to facilitate investigative horror roleplaying.
Within the 78 page book you’ll find:
- Ancestries, backgrounds, and feats to create your investigator
- Period specific equipment
- Updated damage, healing, resting, and lingering injuries rules
- Comprehensive madness and sanity rules
- The Crow Man: a complete 20 page scenario set in Restoration Era New Orleans
- 6 pre-generated characters
- New NPCs and Creatures
- Custom Character Sheet
The Crow Man begins with a gruesome murder in the wee hours of October 12th, 1875 only a few blocks from the famed French Quarter in New Orleans. The investigators find themselves drawn into the machinations of a shadow society intent on calling forth a power of ineffable evil.