Greenbrier Games has just launched a Kickstarter project for a new game in their Zpocalypse series. Zpocalypse 2: Defend the ‘Burbs places 2-5 players against an onslaught of undead intent on doing more than just bringing the property values down… The project runs through August 13th and you can reserve a copy for a pledge of $50.
You can check out our review of the original Zpocalypse right here.
Zpocalypse 2: The ‘Burbs, is a new standalone game set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Two to five players each control their own squad of survivors equipped to the teeth with weapons, food, and items.
- 2 – 5 player co-operative post-apocalyptic zombie survival experience. (Now with an additional player!)
- Squad based system – each player controls up to four survivors (New squad board with individual survivor hit point tracking)
- Easy to master combat system, and game master-less zombie activation
- Tower defense element of defending your suburban base from onslaughts of zombies – 10 grey, 20 green and 6 special zombie miniatures!
- New phases to strategically use resources and survivors via the daily planning board. Each player assigns daily tasks to the survivors they control. Tasks include: scavenging, fortifying & building base upgrades, guard & patrol duties and lastly a new mechanic for resting and feeding your survivors.
- Story driven scavenging with a choose-your-own-adventure feel. (Adds skill challenges, bartering while scavenging and a more dynamic story tree.)
- New skill system: We are introducing first aid, mechanics, stealth, and talk to the existing firearms and melee skills. All six skills are tracked via your survivors and using cards. These skills can be used in both the daily planning board, and combat.
Returning to the Zpocalypse universe we are coming back to our roots as a company. As such, we want this campaign to be not just a pre-order. Instead, we want our backers, who have supported us in our endeavors, to be a part of the crowdfunding experience and have a say on parts of the game. Just like in Zpocalypse we will have aspects of the game where you can have a say how it turns out with polls and open community feedback!