Currently, Atarashi Games is offering the corebook PDF for the family friendly roleplaying game The Magical Land of Yeld as a PWYW. The RPG is based on the Modest Medusa webcomic. I really dug the RPG and you can check out my review here. Right now the 266 page PDF carries a recommended PWYW price of just one dollar at DriveThruRPG.
About the game:
The Magical Land of Yeld is an all ages tabletop role playing game based on the fantasy world of the popular comic Modest Medusa.
- A self-contained role playing game, including special instructional comics that help you learn how to play!
- Build and customize a child hero, with 9 Friend Types, 8 Heroic Jobs, 6 Advanced Jobs and 6 Monster Jobs! Plus hundreds of items, spells and “special dice” to collect and master!
- Explore the magical land of Yeld with unique map, calendar and travel rules! As your children travel and explore they’ll grow older and stronger, but they’ll have to find a way to escape Yeld before their 13th birthdays, or they’ll become monsters and be trapped in the magical land forever!
- Fights come to life with team based tactics inspired by classic JRPGs and adventure games like Secret of Mana, The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy Tactics!
- Use the Monster Formula to create custom monsters, or choose from over 100 ready to play Monsters!
- A full campaign! Face the vampire Prince Dragul and his Hunters of Yeld to unlock the magical door that will lead home!