The latest release from Rio Grande Games will place players in the roles of beekeepers. In Queenz, the players will look to build fields of flowers in order to entice bees to make their homes while, at the same time, making honey for the beekeepers. The game is for two to four players, ages 8+, plays in 20 minutes, and will carry an MSRP of $49.95 when it arrives later this month.
From Rio Grande:
Players are beekeepers, trying to bloom their fields in order to attract bees and to produce the most valuable honey of the country.
On your turn, you have 2 choices:
1) Taking new flower tokens from the garden and keeping them in your warehouse.
- 1 any or 2 of a kind or 3 different colors.
2) Blooming one field
- Select 1 field from the pool (expanding your own field) and fill the field with flower tokens in your stock and your hive token.
- Get 1 VP for each flower of this field.
- Fill your personal track with the honey jar of corresponding color.
When a player blooms his 5th field, every players has one last turn. Then, each player will get some extra points for their hives:
- Each Hive gives 1 VP for each bee present on the 8 spaces surrounding this Hive.
- Player takes his VP for each of it’s Hive token.
The player who has the highest score wins.