Designer Kevin Crawford and Sine Nomine Publishing are in the midst of a successful Kickstarter to bring the cyberpunk RPG Cities Without Number to the masses. The jam packed book will include both a full old school flavored rule system but also a system agnostic toolkit for bring the cyberpunk genre to your table. The Kickstarter for Cities Without Number has already passed the 700% funding mark and you can reserve a copy of the deluxe PDF and at cost POD for a $40.00 pledge, or score just the deluxe PDF for a $25.00 pledge through February 28th. Expected delivery is next February.
About the project:
A World of Chrome and Rust
After the sci-fi success of Stars Without Number and the fantastic response to Worlds Without Number, the new cyberpunk age of Cities Without Number is upon us. Within the pages of this tabletop role-playing game, you’ll get a full-fledged system-neutral Sine Nomine toolkit for building a cyberpunk world of your own, plus an old-school game system for playing out the reckless adventures of the desperate men and women who live in it. Whether polished metal or flesh and blood, your operators will risk their lives and more to seize those precious things a merciless world would keep from them. In particular, this book contains…
- An old-school inspired game system fully compatible with the sci-fi Stars Without Number game and its fantasy sister-game Worlds Without Number
- Cyberware and sophisticated high-tech gear suitable for chroming the most discriminating cyborg and equipping the most refined of street operators
- Playability-focused hacking rules designed to give hacking-focused PCs useful and important things to do without forcing an entire separate mini-game on the GM
- Gear rules for drones and vehicles, to better equip PCs who want to bring a little extra iron on their next mission
- System-neutral Sine Nomine worldbuilding tools for helping a GM create their own custom cyberpunk world or elaborate the details of existing worlds and settings
- Gang, corp, and city district creation tools for fleshing out your world with people and places that fit
- Fifty Mission Tags for adventure creation, plus guidelines and step-by-step procedures for handling facility infiltrations, managing local heat, fencing loot, and other activities beloved of corp-hating street scum everywhere
And that’s just in the free version that will be released on DTRPG for anyone to download. As with SWN and WWN, Cities Without Number will be provided in both a free and a deluxe version, the better to let an interested group jump in and play without having to spend anything. As a backer, you’ll be getting the deluxe version, of course, which will also include…
- Variant gengineered human types for PCs who don’t fit the baseline mold
- Spellcasting and summoning rules for GMs who want to add a dash of magic into their cyberpunk world
- Additional content creation tools to give an extra boost to a GM’s creative efforts
- Several open pages to be filled with the contents that backers seem most interested in having. I’ve got room to add a little more here, and I’ll be listening to backer comments and requests when it comes to filling them.