An interesting looking new app game has just released for Apple devices from Hunted Cow Studios. Civil War: 1863 includes 16 Union scenarios and two campaigns as well as five hot seat scenarios playable by two players. Currently Civil War: 1863 is available for 50% off – $1.99 at the iTunes store.
From Hunted Cow:
Civil War: 1863 is a new exciting turn-based strategy game available for iPhone / iPod and iPad.
- 8 Mission ‘First Strike’ Campaign. Learn how to play as the Union in stages, ending with the battle of Deserted House!
- 8 Mission ‘Hoorah’ Campaign. Play as the Union to complete 3 specialist missions and fight the battles of Dover, Tompson’s Station, Dutton’s Hill, Stephenson’s Depot and Oak Ridge!
- Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
- Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)!
- High Definition animated graphics, including retina versions for the latest iPad!
- 5 Pass & Play two-player scenarios for the battles of Dover, Thompson’s Station, Dutton’s Hill, Stephenson’s Depot and Oak Ridge.
- Hours of Gameplay!
There will be 2 further campaigns to download: Rebel Yell and Victory Road. Both campaigns feature 8 specialist and historical missions. Fight the battles of Big Black River Bridge, Port Hudson, Helena, Bayou Fourche and more!