Runehammer Games has released the eagerly anticipated first volume of the Crown and Skull fantasy roleplaying game. The game is player focused and includes everything to get you started including rules, character concepts, GM advice, adventure locales, and more. The 356 page hardcover (with digital game budle) carries an MSRP of $50.00 or grab just the digital game bundle (including the rulebook PDF) for $30.00. Check out the free player’s guide right here.
About the game:
Welcome to CROWN and SKULL Volume I, a new RPG system and setting from Runehammer. Core rules, dice-driven enemy tactics, comprehensive GM tools, 40 original monsters, a massive traversable world, and huge loot tables await you in these pages. This book is thick with story, and puts the player at the controls. For game masters, a convention-breaking set of resources and techniques to go into the unknown WITH your players. No stats, no HP, no telling what may unfold…
The rules system in CROWN and SKULL will prove a significant departure from the mechanics and methods that have seen such meteoric growth in recent years. As such, settle in for a brain-tickling ride into new frontiers. If you feel challenged by the player-focused aspects of this book, the prep-free GM style… that means you’re in the sweet spot.
Which will you choose? The crown, or the skull?
CROWN and SKULL has a deep point-buy character creation system and player-made combat rolls that put the player center stage. You’ll find everything you need to build fully custom characters, custom equipment, and even spells built from scratch. All to code, all by the same ruleset.
If you’re looking to jump right into a game, a handful of Character Templates are included, along with rollable Character Prompts to thrust you into the dangerous world of The North Holds with no delay.
- No stats or hit points. Brace yourself for the innovative and brutal attrition system
- Player-rolled combat keeps your dice tumbling
- Combine flaws, abilities, skills and lineage in any way you can imagine.
- Build custom equipment, spells, and companions
- Roll to discover new world events, locations, and inhabitants
- Earn hero points in play to evolve and grow your own way
- The Dragonbane: Bestiary has Arrived in PDF - Feb 29, 2024
- Gods of the Forbidden North: Volume #2 Crushes Kickstarter Goal in First Minutes - Feb 29, 2024
- Lenin’s Legacy is Up for Pre-Order on the GMT Games P500 List - Feb 29, 2024