An interesting looking two player strategy game is on the near horizon from Plaid Hat Games. In Crystal Clans, each player will choose from one of six factions as they battle for supremacy using dual purpose cards; use the cards as army units or as special battle modifiers. Crystal Clans is for ages 14+, plays in around 30-60 minutes and will carry an MSRP of $39.95 when it arrives March 29th.
From Plaid Hat:
Choose your clan, maneuver your forces, and fight for the powerful crystals of the Crystal Clans, the new 2-player expandable game from Plaid Hat Games! In Crystal Clans, 2 players go to battle with unique armies. Leading their squads across the battlefield, players compete to gain powerful crystals which hold the power to dominate their world.
Choose to command 1 of 6 clans, including the adaptable Water Clan, the peaceful Flower Clan, the relentless Skull Clan, the innumerable Blood Clan, the wise Meteor Clan or the unyielding Stone Clan. Crystal Clans features an array of brand new game mechanics designed by Andrea Mezzotero, including:
- Actions taken with a back-and-forth initiative system. The more you do on your turn, the more you opponent gets to do on hers.
- Stack your units together into squads, carefully choosing their order and moving the squad together.
- Each card in your deck can be used either as a unit on the battlefield or as a battle card, adding surprise to each encounter.
- Earn the power of magic crystals that pave the path to victory with their magical powers that have their own impact on the battle.
The first clan to claim 4 crystals wins the game and fulfills their destiny to dominate the world of the Crystal Clans.
- The Dragonbane: Bestiary has Arrived in PDF - Feb 29, 2024
- Gods of the Forbidden North: Volume #2 Crushes Kickstarter Goal in First Minutes - Feb 29, 2024
- Lenin’s Legacy is Up for Pre-Order on the GMT Games P500 List - Feb 29, 2024