Earlier today Rowan, Rook & Decard launched a Kickstarter to fund the horror roleplaying game EAT THE REICH. In the game, players take on the roles of vampire commandos hell bent on taking a bite out of WWII Nazi controlled Paris. The Kickstarter funded in its first 31 minutes and you can reserve a copy of the 72 page book in hardcover (with PDF) for a pledge of approximately $32.00 or score just the PDF for a pledge of approximately $16.00 through September 14th. Expected delivery of the PDF is right after the project run ends with the physical books expected in December.
About the game:
EAT THE REICH is a tabletop roleplaying game in which you, a vampire commando, are coffin-dropped into occupied Paris and must cut a bloody swathe through nazi forces en route to your ultimate goal: drinking all of Adolf Hitler’s blood.
It’s written by Grant Howitt (Honey Heist, Spire, Heart) and illustrated by Will Kirkby (Critical Role, Image, Darkhorse, Boom).
This over-the-top, ultraviolent game is designed to be played from beginning to end in one to three sessions of carnage, blood magic, meaningful flashbacks and hundreds upon hundreds of extremely dead fascists. It tells one story, it tells it loud, and it tells it brilliantly. Think Wolfenstein crossed with Danger 5 and you’re not far off the mark.
EAT THE REICH is a lavishly illustrated, beautifully written 72-page rulebook and it has everything you need to get started:
- A quick-to-learn D6 dice pool system – the Havoc Engine – that encourages creative violence
- Enemy reinforcement rules that keep the vampire invaders on their toes
- Pregenerated iconic characters (with room to level up)
- Gruesome augmented Übermenschen (drink their blood to level up)
- Non-accurate maps of Paris with lots of location details and ideas for fun things to destroy