Petroglyph today announced immediate availability of Guardians of Graxia(TM) on Steam®, a PC fantasy turn-based strategy game based on the world of Graxia. The title is also available as a standalone board game which was released earlier this summer.
“We’ve had a strong release of the game so far. Now we’re pleased to be able to share it with the Steam community.” said Chuck Kroegel, Executive Producer. “For anyone waiting to buy the game, you can now enjoy it on Steam with full support for upcoming expansions.”
Guardians of Graxia has a card game meets board game theme. The game uses cards to represent units and actions on a tiled map surface in the form of massive floating continents high above the fantasy world of Graxia. There are more than 240 unique units and spells available and over a dozen maps with a variety of terrain to control with your armies.
The game also features a complete tutorial to help bring you immediately into the world. You then have powerful units and spells to slay malicious Humans, Elves, Goblins, Orcs, Wraiths, Dragons, and many other creatures. Four initial Guardian units are at your command to lead your armies into battle in the game’s main campaign and numerous skirmish maps.
“Many have been hoping for the game to become available on additional services, ever since they’ve seen news of its initial release.” said Mathew Anderson, Community Manager. “Now it has achievement support that provides an added layer of challenge with more maps and other content being developed.”
To purchase the game, please visit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/90500/.
About Guardians of Graxia
Graxia is a planet with mystical energies allowing for entire continents to drift high in the sky. These floating landmasses are filled with the cities and dens of many magical races. Guardians create enchanted portals which are the only means to cross from one drifting continent to another. The portals are used by Guardians to transport armies to conquer the land found on the other side. In time, Guardians have become Heroes of Graxia through vanquishing their forces by saving the lands from tyranny.
- Dynamic turn-based gameplay using cards and map tiles in a floating island environment.
- Single-player skirmish and campaign modes are available with a complete tutorial.
- Highly replayable with over 240 Unit and Spell Cards, and four powerful Guardians.
- Units include: Dragons, Elves, Goblins, Humans, Orcs, Wraiths and many others
- Guardians are represented as primary player units that command your armies into battle.
- Combines the best of card and board games for the PC with a fantasy-strategy theme.
To learn more about Guardians of Graxia, please visit www.guardiansofgraxia.com.
Here’s the release trailer:
For a game carrying a retail price of $9.95 US there seems to be some nicely produced graphics and a whole lot of gameplay for a really tiny price.
Elliott and I are both going to give Guardians a spin and we’ll have our review very soon!
- The Elfking: The Immortal Roleplaying Game is Now Available in Print or PDF - May 26, 2023
- Guns or Treasure Arrives in Port This Q3 - May 26, 2023
- New Supplement War Hare Ranch Arrives for The Magical Land of Yeld RPG - May 26, 2023