The crowdfunding project for Homeworlds: Fleet Command is burning up Kickstarter. Modiphius Entertainment and Gearbox Entertainment have teamed up to create a fast playing miniatures game in the Homeworld video game setting. The project has vaporized its funding goal and you can reserve a copy of the base game and stretch goals for an approximate $90.00 pledge through March 5th. Expected delivery is this August.
About the game:
Homeworlds: Fleet Command
This new game will feature a wide array of ships to grow your massive intergalactic fleet, as you engage in fast and epic battles with up to four other players. Additionally, the Homeworld Fleet Command board game boasts a 10-part campaign that is sure to keep players engaged through a plethora of exciting scenarios as it aims to fully encapsulate large-scale battles found in the Homeworld series.
Backers can expect to get the base game and expansion that offers new ship models, campaign play, ship upgrades, new game mechanics, Kickstarter exclusives and much more.
“Homeworld is all about massive space battles, and we’re excited to translate that experience to the tabletop,” said Chris Birch, CCO and Founder of Modiphius Entertainment. “Our goal with Homeworld: Fleet Command is to make it so these huge battles are fast and fun for players, while feeling incredibly strategic simultaneously.”
Features of Homeworld Fleet Command:
- A 10-part campaign that will take players from the first fighter skirmish to epic battles such as Return to Kharak, Supernova Station, and Tenhauser Gate.
- Step-by-step scenarios make it easy to jump right into the shoes of an Admiral and gradually learn the core game mechanics as the size of your fleet increases.
- 101 plastic ships in the base game including the iconic Mothership, 48 fighters, 24 Corvettes, 24 Frigates, two Carriers, two Destroyers and one Mothership. The expansion adds another 100 ships to grow your fleet.
- Solo rules let one person play either side against a determined opponent, or up to four players can share the command.
- Multiple copies of the game can be combined to create epic fleet battles!