Hydra Cooperative has released the gonzo fantasy adventure Completely Unfathomable for Dungeon Crawl Classics from Goodman Games. The volume includes both the hit Operation Unfathomable as well as the new tale Odious Uplands. The 335 page hardcover (with PDF) is available from DriveThruRPG for $35.00 or grab the PDF alone for $20.00.
About the book:
COMPLETELY UNFATHOMABLE combines the whole of Jason Sholtis’ (The Dungeon Dozen) 2018 Ennie Award-winning adventure Operation Unfathomable with its new companion volume Odious Uplands, adapted and expanded for the DCC game by Paul Wolfe (Mystic Bull Games, DAMN Magazine). All of the material from the OU Players Guide is included as well.
In Operation Unfathomable, fledgling adventurers descend into the Unfathomable Underworld, a subterranean environment of unsurpassed strangeness and peril, seemingly beyond all hope of survival, on an apparently simple mission to discover what became of a powerful group of politically important adventurers bearing a missing artifact.
Should any of their number manage to survive, the Odious Uplands await! The brave companions emerge into the untamed wilds of Stonespear Province, a land bathed in the dim radiance and ineffable influence of the Chaos Aurora and inhabited by all manner of megafauna, vicious saber-toothed apes, Woolly Neanderthal rangers, scarcely describable entities staggering forth from the Underworld, and other adventurers seeking their fortunes.
COMPLETELY UNFATHOMABLE includes:
- A fully described section of the Underworld, a subterranean cross-roads populated with scads of unique monsters, NPCs, Chaos Godlings, and intruders from neighboring realities to confound, befriend, ignore, or destroy PCs (and/or each other). A high-level adventure for a rabble of 0-level nobodies.
- The lands above also overflow with opportunity for adventure: fresh PCs can loot the buried Tower of Enlightenment, waylay Underworld merchants, or join archaeological expeditions to the Fossil Forest, among heaps of options. As PCs advance, they might help thwart an Underworld incursion, attempt to destroy a wanton Godling, or seek the fabled Chaos Converter atop Mount Impossible.
- Fort Enterprise, a fully detailed wilderness settlement whose high anti-monster walls provide reliable shelter from Mastodonian behemoths and other local terrors. PCs embroiled within must instead contend with the worst monsters of them all – human beings! Jobs posted daily! Free jolly, flavorless lichen ale!
- 5 new DCC classes including the Citizen Lich and Underworld Ranger, or play as an a Woolly Neanderthal or Underworld Otter
- A selection of terrifying new patrons and associated spells
- 335 pages jam packed with maps and 250+ illustrations
- Three variant covers to choose from, each designed by Hydra Coop’s own Trey Causey