Modiphius Entertainment have announced a new miniatures game set in the Homeworld universe, Homeworld Fleet Command. The one to four player game will come to Kickstarter later this year so stay tuned.
Today Modiphius Entertainment, a world-class tabletop publisher and creator, is taking the wraps off Homeworld Fleet Command, a new tabletop miniatures boardgame set in Gearbox Entertainment’s Homeworld Universe. The game puts would-be admirals in charge of Kushan or Taiidan fleets fighting it out in epic 1-4 player galactic battles where it’s victory or death.
Developed in secret by Nick Fallon (Airfix Battles, Kung Fu Panda, and Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish) and Modiphius CCO Chris Birch, the game has been cleared to leave the scaffold! Inspired by the mechanics of the Airfix Battles Introductory Wargame, Homeworld Fleet Command promises simple fast gameplay showcasing huge battles between squadrons of fighters, corvettes, frigates, destroyers, and fleet-busting capital ships.
Features of Homeworld Fleet Command:
- A 10-part campaign that will take players from the first fighter skirmish to epic battles such as Return to Kharak, Supernova Station, and Tenhauser Gate.
- Step-by-step scenarios that make it easy to jump right into the shoes of an Admiral and gradually learn the core game mechanics as the size of your fleet increases.
- 101 plastic ships in the base game including the iconic Mothership, 48 fighters, 24 Corvettes, 24 Frigates, 2 Carriers, and 2 Destroyers and 1 mothership. The expansion adds another 100 ships to grow your fleet.
- Solo rules that let one person play either side against a determined opponent or up to four players can share the command.
- Multiple copies of the game can even be combined to create epic fleet battles!