October brings the latest supplement for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in hardcover from Cubicle 7 Entertainment. Explore a variety of new WFRP game options and lore in Archives of the Empire Volume III. The 94 page hardcover (with PDF) carries an MSRP of $34.99 or grab the PDF alone at DriveThruRPG for $19.99.
About the book:
Archives of the Empire: Volume III is a diverse collection of fascinating articles. This time, Isabella turns her attention to the activities of merchants and the folk worship common to many rural corners of the Empire. Several minor faiths are explored in new detail, and forgotten beliefs are brought under scrutiny.
The archive contains:
- Legitimate Business Enterprises — A guide to setting up a business enterprise in the Empire, with detail on how to make a profit and grow from humble beginnings to a mighty concern.
- The Cult of Handrich, God of Trade — Merchants throughout the old world seek Handrich’s blessing in their dealings, but his cult is a new one, and his priests are rarely encountered outside of Marienburg.
- Folk Worship and Hedge Magic — The beliefs and traditions of those who live in the rural areas of the Empire are given scrutiny. The Old Faith is a tradition of the ancient folk who lived before the coming of Sigmar, and which has now faded in relevance and power. The practice of hedge magic is described in detail, with several new spells. Minor gods, such as Khaine are discussed.
- The Cult of Solkan, God of Vengeance — Whilst he is a mostly forgotten deity, whose puritanical creed is too stringent and uncompromising for most folk, Solkan promises aid to those who seek to wreak divine retribution.
- The Cult of Rhya, Goddess of Fertility — Beseeched by those who till the soil and tend the sheep, Rhya may seem a distant deity by the folk of the Empire’s cities, but in the country to understand her ways often makes the difference between life and death.
- Rules Updates and Additions — The archive also includes new rules for different designs of armor, more minor magical effects, animal familiars for witches and wizards, updated starting skills and talents for Characters from the various districts of Altdorf, and Lord Adalbert Knopp-Itzel, a quixotic champion of the Jungfreud cause.