Modiphius Entertainment has revealed they will be publishing a deluxe edition of the popular Ironsworn: Starforged roleplaying game from designer Shawn Tomkin. The 400 plus page hardcover will be accompanied by a wire-bound reference book as well as character asset cards. The new product line is slated for a Q4 but MSRPs are not available yet.
About the game:
In Ironsworn: Starforged, you are a spaceborne hero sworn to undertake perilous quests. You will explore uncharted space, unravel the secrets of a mysterious galaxy, and build bonds with those you meet in your travels. Most importantly, you will swear ironclad vows and see them fulfilled — no matter the cost.
Starforged is the standalone, sci-fi evolution of the Ironsworn tabletop roleplaying game. Experience with Ironsworn is not required to play. Starforged builds on Ironsworn’s award-winning innovations (including its famed solo play!) to chart a path into an exciting new frontier.
Starforged supports three play modes:
- Guided: One or more players take the role of their characters, while a guide (game master) moderates the session.
- Co-Op: You and one or more friends play to overcome challenges and complete quests. No guide is required.
- Solo: You portray a lone character driven to fulfill vows in a dangerous galaxy.
- Story-driven mechanics to put your character at the center of their quest-driven adventures
- Tools to help you quickly build a setting, create your character, and set off into a universe of perils and opportunities
- Creative prompts to eliminate game prep and push your adventures forward — with or without a guide/GM
- System-agnostic generators for on-the-fly discoveries of spaceborne locations, planets, settlements, people, creatures, starships, foreboding derelicts, ancient alien vaults, and more
- Extensive advice, examples, and options for exploring the story of your characters and their fateful vows