Today arguably marks the 40th anniversary of the grand-daddy of all roleplaying games (Dungeons & Dragons) and to help celebrate the occasion Pelgrane Press is offering the core rules to one of the hotter new RPGs on the market, 13th Age, for 40% off. The sale is today only though so act fast!
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of The RPG That Started It All, we’re offering 40% off 13th Age—a love letter to the classic game from two of its lead designers.
13th Age is the game Rob Heinsoo and Jonathan Tweet run at their own tables: a fast, fun, accessible fantasy RPG that combines the best of the d20-rolling legacy with new indie-game inspired story mechanics. From its flexible skill system to the greatest combat dice mechanic since critical hits, this PDF contains everything you need to play one of 2014’s must-have titles.
Discover the d20-rolling fantasy roleplaying game from legendary designers Jonathan Tweet and Rob Heinsoo! This bookmarked PDF gives you everything you need to play epic adventures in a world where mighty Icons war and scheme in a tense balance of power. Here, a small band of adventurers could be heroes that save the ancient Dragon Empire—or set in motion the catastrophe that ends the Age.
Designed for experienced GMs and any type of player, 13th Age offers a fresh take on a familiar tabletop experience. Pelgrane Press gave Rob and Jonathan total freedom to create the game they most wanted to play. They brought the best parts of the great d20-rolling fantasy tradition together with innovative new rules, resulting in a game that EN World readers named “2013’s Most Anticipated RPG”.
Play 13th Age as a standalone game, or use it as a source of cool ideas and add-on rules for make your favorite RPG. This 320-page core rulebook features:
- Character creation that gives your adventurer a place in the world (and the GM dozens of adventure hooks) through Icon relationships and your One Unique Things
- A simple, flexible skill system through Backgrounds that bring your character’s personal history into the game with every dice roll
- Streamlined, free-form combat with new rules that make battles fast, fun and dramatic
- DIY monster and encounter building sections so GMs can create adventures with little or no preparation
- Notes from Rob and Jonathan on how they approach their own games—and where they disagree
- Hard City RPG from Osprey Games Reviewed on The Gaming Gang Dispatch #930 - Jun 8, 2023
- Renegade Game Studios Announce Partnership to Produce Heroscape - Jun 8, 2023
- Twilight: 2000 Urban Operations is Out - Jun 8, 2023