A unique looking dark fantasy roleplaying game is now available from FeralGamersInc. The Black Iron – A Grimdark RPG places players in a world on the brink of annihilation where vile cults and vicious monsters roam the streets. The 224 page PDF is available at DriveThruRPG for $19.99.
A World Broken Beyond Repair
When the Elves left, they took everything, leaving behind only ashes and death. In the aftermath of their apocalypse, dark things fought their way into the light. The Blood Lords staked their claim on the remnants of the world, slaughtering anyone who opposed them. Mankind is relegated to subsistence, clinging on in a few underground bastions, and in the Last City, protected by sorcerers driven mad by the magic they wield. Somehow, you must find a means of surviving in the ruins of a magical desolation, where the earth itself is trying to kill you, and the only people you can trust died long ago. Will you strive to withstand the creeping madness of the beyond for a little longer? Try to restore some light in a world consumed by darkness? Or do you embrace the chaos, taking what you can from those too weak to defend it?
Dark cults proliferate in the streets. Dread creatures drag themselves ever onwards in search of new flesh. The world freezes, and shrinks, and shudders as it waits to end.
What a time to be alive…
The Black Iron is a dark, fantasy roleplaying game, set in a shattered world on the brink of utter annihilation. It contains everything you need to get started creating and playing characters venturing out to try and scratch a living in the wilderness left behind, and maybe, just maybe, beginning to remake the world.
- A fast and flexible rule system now allows for customisation and homebrewing.
- 3 playable Species and 6 Roles that breakdown into 18 Sub Roles.
- 6 Guilds to join
- 28 Skills, 61 Specialisations and 12 unique Traits.
- 45 pages of world history including information on lost artifacts, the Blood Lords and places of power.
- Rules for survival and dealing with corruption and poisons.
- 3 realms of Magic, Pyromancy, Necromancy and Sorcery, with over 45 unique spells.
- Rules to create your own spells.
- Complete guide for GMs to help create adventurers, plot points to help seed ideas, encounter tables and rules for weather. With optional rules like Luck etc.
- Rules for Fear and Stress.
- 27 pages of monsters and threats that can be used to challenge the characters.
- Also a short adventure to get you started.