Shawn Tomkin and his team have released the new roleplaying game Ironsworn: Starforged. Utilizing the same system as the popular Ironsworn: Delve fantasy RPG, Starforged takes your adventures to the stars and beyond. The 404 page rulebook (plus over 200 additional pages of handouts and reference material) is available in PDF at DriveThruRPG for $20.00.
About the game:
In Ironsworn: Starforged, you are a spaceborne hero sworn to undertake perilous quests. You will explore uncharted space, unravel the secrets of a mysterious galaxy, and build bonds with those you meet on your travels. Most importantly, you will swear iron vows and see them fulfilled—no matter the cost.
Starforged is a standalone follow-up to the Ironsworn tabletop roleplaying game. Experience with Ironsworn is not required. Starforged builds on Ironsworn’s award-winning innovations (including its famed solo play!) to chart a path into an exciting new frontier.
Three Ways to Play
- Guided: One or more players take the role of their characters, while a guide moderates the session.
- Co-Op: You and one or more friends play to overcome challenges and complete quests. No guide required.
- Solo: You portray a lone character driven to fulfill vows in a dangerous galaxy. Good luck!
- Story-driven mechanics to put your character at the center of their quest-driven adventures.
- Inspiring campaign launch exercises to build your setting, create your character, and set off into a universe of perils and opportunities.
- Creative prompts to eliminate game prep and push your adventures forward—with or without a guide.
- System-agnostic generators for on-the-fly discoveries of spaceborne locations, planets, settlements, people, creatures, starships, foreboding derelicts, ancient alien vaults, and more!
- Extensive advice, examples, and options for exploring the story of your characters and their fateful vows.