The print edition of the the Raiders of the Serpent Sea: Campaign Guide for 5E has arrived from Modiphius Entertainment. The volume clocks in at nearly 500 pages and is filled with loads of D&D character options, mechanics, setting info, and monsters inspired by Norse mythology. The hardcover (with PDF) is available now for an MSRP of $59.99 or grab just the PDF alone at DriveThruRPG for $24.99.
About the book:
GLORY IS YOURS FOR THE TAKING!
Centuries ago, upon a vast, beautiful, and wondrous world, a horde of vile beings known as the Yoten destroyed the heroic Vanir. The survivors fled to a new world, Grimnir. Vast and inhospitable, many died in the early years. Yet, it was a place to rebuild.
Generations have passed but the memory of the old world’s death is never forgotten. Their descendants, the raiders, are ever vigilant and watch for the Yoten’s return. You are one such hero destined by fate to bear witness to Grimnir’s destruction–and perhaps fated to finally break your people free of the cycle of destruction and rebirth known as Ragnarök.
From the lead designer of Dragon Age Origins, in partnership with the creators of Odyssey of the Dragonlords, comes Raiders of the Serpent Sea! Take to the seas of Grimnir and battle against the sinister forces of a forgotten past in an epic campaign for the 5th Edition of the world’s greatest roleplaying game! Guide 4-6 players through tumultuous waters as they become heroes across a campaign that will take them from 1st to 16th level.
Raiders of the Serpent Sea is a blend of high fantasy and a darker world of grim seafaring raiders. Grimnir’s clans constantly fight to survive in this doomed world filled with ancient and fantastic creatures – giants, sea serpents, saber-toothed tigers, and the world-devouring Yoten. Nowhere is safe, danger and glory abound!
The Raiders of the Serpent Sea Campaign Guide hardcover includes almost 500 pages of epic adventure and supplemental material with full-color maps and illustrations that breathe life into the campaign world.
- The World of Grimnir. Inspired by Norse mythology and the history of the Vikings, this is a grim and magical land that can be easily connected to existing campaign settings. Includes the world’s origins, major historical events, and describes the raiding clans and the wealthy kingdoms that continually threaten their lands. Learn also about the cursed gods known as the Stone Court, and the power of sacrifice.
- Survive Ragnarök. The heroes’ choices will trigger major repercussions in later parts of the narrative. If the world survives Ragnarök, it will be changed by the players’ decisions throughout.
- An Epic Saga. The primary narrative is divided into four main acts across 12 chapters with numerous opportunities for players to build longships, conquer settlements, and even assemble their own clan to stand against their foes at the end of the world.
- Tracking the Events. Includes diagrams and aids to help the gamemaster stay on top of world events and to track the decisions that the heroes make. These decisions influence the final events at the climax of the campaign.
- All Backgrounds are Epic. Includes details on how to integrate the six epic backgrounds introduced in the Raiders of the Serpent Sea Player’s Guide into campaign events. These backgrounds create additional motivation for the heroes to explore more of the world.
- Beware the Hordes! Includes full page illustrations and detailed game statistics and lore for over 25 new creatures inspired by Norse mythology. And there are over 100 new statblocks for NPCs and monsters ranging from low level opponents to higher tier, epic adversaries.
- Legendary Loot! Over 40 new magic items including Helhelm, the Skithship, and The Horn of the Gods. These items can be discovered by hardy adventurers exploring the world of Grimnir.
- Raid the Serpent Sea! Expanded naval, sailing, and raiding rules are included to help the game master provide opportunities for players to imagine themselves as Vikings setting forth across dangerous waters.
- Digital Assets! You will also receive a digital assets pack that includes full colour map handouts (with and without grid), plus a 30-page digital reference guide for the GM with handy tables and campaign content all in one place.
You will receive the complementary PDF immediately upon purchase.
Requires the core Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition rulebooks to play.
- The Dragonbane: Bestiary has Arrived in PDF - Feb 29, 2024
- Gods of the Forbidden North: Volume #2 Crushes Kickstarter Goal in First Minutes - Feb 29, 2024
- Lenin’s Legacy is Up for Pre-Order on the GMT Games P500 List - Feb 29, 2024