Now available in print from Amalara Game Studio and Exalted Funeral is This Mortal Coil. The horror sourcebook/toolkit brings players into a world of spacefaring necromancers. The 140 page A5 sized hardcover can be had at Exalted Funeral for $40.00 or grab just the PDF alone at DriveThruRPG for $20.00.
About the book:
Do you like necromancers? Do you like space? Would you like to play a necromancer IN SPACE?
In This Mortal Coil, you play a space traveler-turned-necromancer on a quest to achieve eternal life by constructing a magical device known as an anchor. You’ll create undead thralls to do your bidding, gather energy to power your quest by harvesting living creatures, and master the forces of the Negaverse.
Along the way, you’ll explore fantastic worlds, battle terrifying creatures, and negotiate with cosmic horrors to unlock the secrets of immortality.
This Mortal Coil is both a standalone science-horror setting/rulebook for Liminal Horror and a toolkit for incorporating necromancy and space travel into your own Liminal Horror, Cairn, and other Into the Odd inspired games.
The 140-page, A5-formatted game book contains:
- The complete rules needed to play
- A map and description of the Alfajiri stellar system
- New character creation options
- Ten spacefaring backgrounds
- Ten horrifying fallout
- New equipment suitable for a space horror game
- Rules and spells for all your necromantic, undead-creating needs
- Rules for ships and space travel
- Guidance for the facilitator about creating adventures
- Spark tables and sample facilitator characters
- Twelve nightmarish creatures
- New dark and malevolent magic items