This week brings us a double dip of free PC gaming goodness from the Epic Games Store. Both Elite Dangerous and The World Next Door are yours to keep without spending a cent. This offer runs through November 26th.
About the freebies:
Elite Dangerous from Frontier Developments
Elite Dangerous is the definitive massively multiplayer space epic, bringing gaming’s original open world adventure to the modern generation with a connected galaxy, evolving narrative and the entirety of the Milky Way re-created at its full galactic proportions.
Starting with only a small starship and a few credits, players do whatever it takes to earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to survive in a futuristic cutthroat galaxy and to stand among the ranks of the iconic Elite. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and handcrafted evolving narrative. Governments fall, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
Horizons Season Now Included!
Experience a whole new angle on the galaxy with the Horizons season, now included in Elite Dangerous. Journey from the stars to the surfaces of strange worlds, hit the ground running in the Scarab Surface Recon Vehicle, craft weapons, deploy ship-launched fighters and experience exhilarating multicrew co-op action.
A Galaxy Of Wonders
The 400 billion star systems of the Milky Way are the stage for Elite Dangerous’ open-ended gameplay. The real stars, planets, moons, asteroid fields and black holes of our own galaxy are built to their true epic proportions in the largest designed playspace in videogame history.
A Unique Connected Game Experience
Governments fall, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s personal story influences the connected galaxy and handcrafted, evolving narrative.
Inspired by the emotional storytelling and thrilling action of anime and indie gaming, The World Next Door follows Jun, a rebellious teen who finds herself far from home in the magical and mysterious world of Emrys. As she encounters a colorful cast of otherworldly creatures, Jun must learn to rely on her new friends to return home before time runs out.
In The World Next Door, players will find an addictive mix of immersive visual novel elements, powerful storytelling and lightning-fast puzzle battles.
- Journey into Emrys, a magical world brought to life with anime-inspired characters designed by Lord Gris
- Use magical runes and the help of friends to defeat opponents and find a way home
- Cast spells in fast-paced, real-time combat that mixes the fun of puzzle-combos with action gameplay
- Immerse yourself in a supernatural story with branching dialogue and reputation systems that affect your relationships with characters in the game
- Focus on the story while still enjoying the gameplay with Assist Mode
- Challenge your friends in the lightning-fast Versus Mode
- The Galactic Odyssey RPG is Out in PDF - Jan 26, 2023
- The Lord of the Rings Adventure Book Game is a Target Exclusive Next Month - Jan 26, 2023
- Score Huge Savings with the Advanced Adventures Megabundle - Jan 26, 2023