Modiphius Entertainment has released a new thirty page PDF for gamers to check out the core system in the Star Trek Adventures Quickstart. Also included in the PDF is a stand alone adventure set around DS9 on the eve of the Dominion War. Personally, I found the actual core book to be great (check out my review here) and if you find you enjoy the quickstart be sure to grab main PDF as it’s still available at a very sweet introductory price of $15.78!
Welcome to your new assignment, Captain. Your continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before…
“We’ve received a message from Narendra Station that a runabout called the Susquehanna has gone missing in the Carina Nebula, deep within the Shackleton Expanse. The Susquehanna was investigating an unusual alien signal that originated from the nebula when all contact was lost. We have been ordered to enter the nebula, find the runabout, and determine the origin and cause of the alien signal. Starfleet has also advised that Romulan and Ferengi ships have been sighted in the region, so we should exercise caution since they may well have detected the alien signal as well.”
This is a FREE 30 page Quickstart for the Star Trek Adventures Roleyplaying game, and contains an introduction to the main game’s core rules, plus “Signals” a self contained adventure with six pre-generated characters for you to enjoy. You will also need:
- At least two 20-sided dice (d20) per Player, and several
- 6-sided dice (d6) to serve as Challenge Dice
- A set of six chips or tokens for Momentum
- A set of twenty chips or tokens for Threat
- The pre-generated characters found in the back of the booklet.
Inside the main Star Trek Adventures core book you’ll find:
Star Trek Adventures takes you to the Final Frontier of the Galaxy, where new discoveries await keen explorers of Starfleet. Your duties may take you to the edges of known space, or to Federation colonies in need, to the borders of neighbouring galactic powers or into the eye of interstellar phenomena. Your ship and your crew epitomise the best Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets has to offer, and you are needed more than ever.
A new threat looms from across the Gamma Quadrant, as it is confirmed by Commander Sisko and his crew that the Dominion, led by the Founders, represent a significant threat to the Alpha Quadrant. Tension is already high in the region of Bajor and Deep Space 9, as the Maquis continue to act against the Cardassian-Federation peace treaty, with Captain Janeway and the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager preparing for their mission in the Badlands. It is a volatile time for the Federation and new crews have never been in higher demand.
- Create your own Star Trek stories of discovery and adventure on the Final Frontier with 368 pages of content.
- Complete 2d20 game system from Modiphius Entertainment adapted for Star Trek Adventures, used in Mutant Chronicles, Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of,John Carter of Mars and the Infinity RPG.
- An extensive exploration of the United Federation of Planets and its galactic neighbours in the Alpha, Beta and Gamma Quadrants.
- Guidelines for Gamemasters old and new, on how to run an adventure of exploration and discovery for the crew of a Federation starship.
- A full catalogue of aliens and antagonists including Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, the Borg and the Dominion.
- Brought to you by a team of expert StarTrek writers including writers from previous editions of Star Trek roleplaying games and other gaming talent.
- Personal logs and intercepted communications by Starfleet Intelligence provide a new perspective on Star Trekand its events.
Keep hailing frequencies open to see the full range of forthcoming Star Trek Adventures Collection. Hardcover supplements await along with lots of accessories including miniatures, maps, gaming tiles, dice sets and the Borg Cube Collector’s Edition game box.