The latest wargame from Worthington Publishing is entering its final Kickstarter run. Hidden Strike: American Revolution, designed by Maurice Suckling and Dorian Richard, is a card driven game in which the players look to control the fledgling colonies in order to win the conflict. The game is for one to five players, ages 12+, and plays in around 60 to 120 minutes. The project is past 1500% funded and you can reserve a copy for a $69.00 pledge through October 10th. Expected delivery is March 2021.
Hidden Strike: American Revolution recreates the struggle between the American colonists and the British forces during the War of Independence. Each side tries to win the war by controlling a majority of regions.
Confronted by overwhelming forces, the colonists will need strategy to defeat the larger British army and navy to gain their Independence. This is a card driven game, where players manage their hand of cards, usually playing just one card a turn to allow them to move tokens representing military forces across the board into key spaces at key times.
The game can be played in five different modes:
- Solitaire: For those brave enough to take on the British forces on their own this mode offers a regular and a hardcore option. This mode is a good starting point if you’re trying to learn the game by yourself.
- Versus: A fierce head-to-head in which one player pitches the British forces against the other player’s American troops.
- Co-op mode: In this cooperative mode all players share the same objective: take on the role of the American colonists to win Independence from the British.
- Traitor Mode: The inclusion of a secret traitor who will try to thwart the Americans’ efforts adds a devious twist to the co-op mode.
- Mastermind: As one player assumes the role of George III the Sons of Liberty will have to band together to overcome the British King’s formidable forces.