The latest sourcebook from Chaosium Inc, for Call of Cthulhu will hits stores later this month. Regency Cthulhu: Darkness and Decorum in Jane Austen’s England delves into the Mythos in early 19th century England. Regency Cthulhu will arrive on October 27 and carry an MSRP of $44.99.
About the book:
Regency England: a time of social niceties, of grand balls, and of romantic intrigues and disappointments, as described most adroitly in the novels of Miss Jane Austen. But the Regency is also a time of lurid Gothic romances, and of war and social upheaval, as the Industrial Revolution gets into full swing and the hostilities with Napoleonic France draw to a close. Against this backdrop, the Mythos insinuates itself into the very fabric of society, always watchful for the opportunity to instill fear and terror into the hearts of everyday Georgians, from the richest to the poorest.
Regency Cthulhu: Darkness and Decorum in Jane Austen’s England is a historical sourcebook for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game. Set in the early Regency period (circa 1813), it describes the fictional town of Tarryford in Wiltshire, England, as well as presenting two scenarios designed to introduce players to both the time period and the town’s mysteries.
Suitable for use with both classic Call of Cthulhu and Pulp Cthulhu rules, players take on the roles of budding Regency investigators, be they members of the gentry or the working classes. Together they uncover the dark secrets at the heart of Tarryford; horrors that have lain dormant for many a year but now seek to burst forth into England’s green and pleasant land.
– Details on the Georgian time period, in particular, the Regency era (1811–1820).
– Rules for creating Regency investigators, along with new period-appropriate skills and occupations.
– Setting overview, detailing the town of Tarryford, its businesses and personalities (1813 and 1913).
– Two scenarios: The Long Corridor and The Emptiness Within.
– Investigator handouts and maps.
– Six classic and pulp pre-generated investigators, ready to pick up and play.
– Guidance on both pulp- and classic-style play.
This supplement is best used with the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game and, optionally, with the Pulp Cthulhu supplement, both available separately.