CoolMiniorNot has an interesting new board game on the horizon and they’ve revealed more info regarding Dogs of War, a game set in a steampunk inspired Renaissance era. Dogs of War will allow three to five players to vie for power as their private armies do battle across a shifting political landscape. Stay tuned as we’ll have more news once the Kickstarter launches.
Conceived by renowned game designer Paolo Mori, Dogs of War is an elegant game set in a steampunk-influenced renaissance universe. Noble houses engage each other in a series of fierce battles, and it is up to the players and the Dogs of War they control to deploy their private armies in support of whatever house they wish to favor.
Clockwork knights and imposing war machines shift the tides of war as they enter the battlefields, but the interest of their Dog of War captains actually lie in the rewards offered by each noble house to its supporters.
Players will want to gain influence with the noble houses and make sure those houses are victorious in battle so that their influence is more valuable at the end of the game. Thus the Dogs of War flock to support a house on the rise and are all too quick to betray their previous patrons if things go awry. There are several pathways to victory, from crushing your opponents in battle to managing to gain influence with the right houses, or simply reaping the best battle rewards offered by them.
- Configurable Game Board with tiles to randomly set up the different battles.
- 30 Plastic Busts of the 5 different Dogs of War and their player screens.
- 50 Soldier Cards of 4 types and 32 Tactic Cards.
- 72 House Influence Tokens for the 6 different Houses.
- 35 Coins and 60 Victory Point Tokens.
- January Brings Omicron Protocol from Dead Alive Games - Nov 29, 2022
- Jackals: Travellers on the War Road Arrives in December - Nov 29, 2022
- Skies Above Britain is Available from GMT Games - Nov 29, 2022